One Month of Raw Vegan Diet: A Summer Gift from My EcoCostel Garden

This summer I decided to spend one full month eating a completely raw vegan diet. Looking back, I feel incredibly grateful that I had the opportunity to do it using fruits, berries, vegetables, and fresh greens grown in my own EcoCostel garden.

For me, this was much more than a diet. It became an experiment in reconnecting with nature and appreciating the abundance that a permaculture garden can provide.

Every morning I harvested fresh food directly from the trees, bushes, and garden beds. Sweet mulberries, cherries, plums, raspberries, currants, apples, tomatoes, cucumbers, leafy greens, herbs— everything tasted much better because it had been picked only minutes before eating. I realized how different truly fresh food is compared to produce that has traveled hundreds or even thousands of kilometers.

During this month I noticed that I needed much less food to feel satisfied. My meals became simple: a bowl of berries, a few cucumbers, tomatoes, seasonal fruit, or a handful of fresh herbs from the garden. I began paying more attention to what my body actually wanted instead of eating out of habit.


One of the most enjoyable discoveries was how my appreciation of natural flavors increased. Fruits seemed sweeter, herbs more aromatic, and every meal became something to enjoy rather than simply consume.

The experience was inspired in part by the ideas shared by Vadim Zeland, who writes about the potential benefits of living foods. While some of the claims associated with raw veganism are debated and not universally supported by scientific evidence, I was curious enough to try it for myself and observe my own body instead of relying only on theory.

Personally, I experienced steady energy throughout the day, felt lighter, and enjoyed spending long hours working in my permaculture garden. Waking up in the morning also felt easier than usual. Whether these effects came entirely from the diet, from spending so much time outdoors, or simply from eating food harvested minutes before each meal, I cannot say with certainty—but I appreciated the experience.

Perhaps the greatest lesson was realizing the value of food independence. When your own garden produces an abundance of seasonal fruits, berries, vegetables, and edible greens, you understand how little you actually need to live well. There is something deeply satisfying about walking outside, picking your breakfast, and eating it immediately.


Growing your own food changes your relationship with eating. You become more connected to the seasons, more grateful for nature, and more aware of the incredible diversity that can grow in a small space when using permaculture principles.

I don't claim that a raw vegan diet is the perfect choice for everyone. Every person is different, and nutritional needs vary. But I can honestly say that this one-month experiment gave me a new appreciation for fresh, living food and for the amazing productivity of my EcoCostel garden.

I feel thankful every day that years ago I started planting fruit trees, berry bushes, perennial vegetables, and edible plants. Today they reward me with delicious, healthy food throughout the summer.

Sometimes the greatest luxury isn't expensive food from the supermarket — it's walking barefoot into your own garden, picking ripe fruit straight from the tree, and enjoying nature exactly as it offers it.



You're Invited to a One-Month Raw Vegan Detox at EcoCostel!

Join me for a unique 30 days experience surrounded by nature. Together we'll harvest fresh fruits, berries, vegetables, herbs, and edible plants directly from my permaculture garden.

I'll personally teach you - what to eat, when to eat, how to prepare simple raw vegan meals, and how to build healthier eating habits using fresh, seasonal foods. You'll also learn practical recipes, discover edible plants, and gain hands-on experience in the garden.

This is more than a detox — it's an opportunity to reconnect with nature, simplify your lifestyle, and learn skills you can take home with you. I'll share my personal experience and guide you every step of the way.

If you're ready for a healthy reset in a peaceful countryside setting, you're welcome at EcoCostel!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Through a Gardener’s Eyes

Technosphere, Biosphere, and the Loss of Natural Living